Every bride and groom would expect a toast or a couple of speeches from their loved ones. While some relatives may opt for a more formal speech, the couple’s friends will definitely raise a toast with some ‘secret-revealing’ and not-so-sober effusions.
Photo Source: TomKPhoto
Here are a few examples/ poems you can use to impress (or depress) the to-be-weds!
Short & Sweet
- To a very special couple
Who make a perfect pair
This brings a wish for happiness
In the future you will share.
- My greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years, your love for each other will deepen and grow. Years from now, may you look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least. I wish you the very best. My love to the both of you.
Photo Source: Paul Barnett Photography
- It’s your Wedding Day
So perfect and fine,
With all your friends round you
To have a good time.
And we wish you much happiness
Starting your lives as one,
Always give love to each other
With lots of laughter and fun
Formal but meaningful toast
Photo Source: Angela Renée Photography
- I wish you both love, harmony and lots of children :p But on a more serious note, I pray that your marriage remains as rock solid as the ship that reaches its harbour. The ship faces clear seas, stormy seas, huge waves and small waves, but finally reaches its harbor safely. Marriage is not only about being together in good times, but also being good together in troubled times. I know you guys will reach your harbor. Love you both!
- Separately, you are two special, remarkable people, but together you are complete. as you sit side by side through this roller coaster of life, remember to scream from the peaks, hold hands through the dips, laugh through the loops, and enjoy every twist and turn. For the ride is much better when you share it together. God bless!
A Mother’s Care
Photo Source: J La Plante Photo
Today as you walk down the aisle,
You’ll see all the faces wearing a smile.
But as we remember those young tender years,
Our smiles will conceal a few hidden tears.
It isn’t through sadness, our emotions just whirl,
As we’re both thinking back to our dear little girl.
And now you have grown and made us so proud,
As you smile for the camera and the rest of the crowd.
So be blissfully happy and enjoy your ‘Big Day’
Have a wonderful time with a rose strewn way!
A Sister’s Toast
Photo Source: Jen Schmidt Photography
Please raise your glasses while I toast my sister and her husband:
Take each day and cherish your time together. Love one another and stand together. Take time to talk to one another. Put your love and your family first; your job and your hobbies second. May your love be like the wind, strong enough to move the clouds, soft enough to never hurt, but always never ending! So here’s to love, laughter, and happily ever after. Cheers!
A Father’s Love
Photo Source: The Story Photography
(Bride’s name) means the world to me!
Her presence makes our house, a home and her baby footsteps and her little giggles will always echo around the house.
She might have outgrown my laps, but will never outgrow my heart!
It’s really hard for me to see my little princess go, but daughters are meant to nurture two homes..
And today when her divine footsteps are about to enter a new world, all my prayers are with her and (groom’s name), who will hold her hand forever hereon.
My heart yearns only the best for them.. may God bless them with all the happiness!
Photo Source: Standing Ovation Wedding Speeches
(Bride’s name), you’re a lovely person!
She deserves a good husband, but thank God you married her before she found one haha!
I have to say I am very proud of my loving sister: a funny and caring adult, she has been there for me in many different ways.
Couple pieces of advice for you bro (groom’s name) – set the ground rules straight, establish who’s the boss yea… once you’ve established who’s the boss, do everything She says!
Secondly, don’t forget, if you buy her flowers… she knows you’re guilty, man!!
Bridesmaids’ hilarious speech
Photo Source: Pen Weddings
Before we start, we would like to say that ‘(Bride’s name)! you look absolutely beautiful! :D’
For those of you who don’t know us, we are (Bride’s name)’s bffs aka _____, _____ and _____. Four of us have practically grown up together, and know almost everything about each other, thanks to our McDonald’s (insert any reference here) sessions!
When (bride) first asked us to be her bridesmaids, we felt delighted.. but we had no idea that we have to give a speech and raise a toast. Being the shy and retiring type I am, I was trying to think of ways of getting out of it, but have any of you tried saying No to (bride’s full name)??!!
Our bride is one of the smartest, yet blondest girls we’ve known. She can have a lengthy conversation on stocks and insurance with you, but can also say the dumbest things you’ve ever heard of. For example, is there water under this Bridge!? (insert memory here)
And now its time, to embarrass the bride with our cheesiness:
We’ve decided to make this speech different,
And deliver it as a rhyme,
I hope you can all understand me,
I’ve drunk a lot of whisky and wine!
Sober, clean and entertaining,
Is what the Bridesmaid’s speech should be,
But if that’s what (bride) had wanted,
Then she shouldn’t have chosen me!
We rise for a toast – We’re best friends of the bride,
(Groom’s name) my friend – You’re in for one wild ride!
(Bride) is one high strung gal – For her, schedules are meant to be kept,
Doing it less than perfect – Is something (bride) will not accept!!
(Groom) I’m sure you remember – Your first meeting at _____ and the fun,
Of course our (bride) left early – She hadta reach home by one!
But we have to give you credit – We knew you were The Alpha Male,
When (bride) left WORK early – And canceled the appointment for her nails!! (insert memory here)
Seriously (groom), you’re lucky – as (bride) is very caring, generous and bright,
Whenever she talks about you – Her eyes just shine with delight!
You both are very helpful – And loyal people to the core,
But give (bride) a couple of drinks – Her voice raises to a low roar!
You are a great addition to our group – And we welcome you with open arms,
You make the perfect couple – Bringing out each others charms!
So please join me – Let’s all raise our glasses high,
For the best girl in the world – And (groom) her wonderful guy,
May the love you feel right now – Keep growing day by day!
When you look into each others eyes – May there be nothing you need to say!
So here’s wishing you both all the very best for your married life! We love you both!
Words of advice
Photo Source: Paul Barnett Photography
- The two secrets of a long lasting and happy marriage are a good sense of humor and a short memory!
- Always remember to say those three important little words…”You’re right dear.”
- If you’re clever, you’ll always have the last word. However, if you are very clever, you won’t use it.
- Whenever you are wrong, admit it. Whenever you are right, be quiet.
- And, (groom’s name), always remember: a happy wife, makes for a happy life!
- Coming together is the beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
Love & Positive Vibes,
Namrata The Scriptwriter