On March 12, 2016 my #ShaadiSquad (bridesmaids) threw me the most beautiful shower. Bridal Showers are one of my favorite events from a wedding and I feel so blessed to have had the shower of my dreams. My sister, the Maid of Honor, took the lead in planning each and every detail and my bridesmaids went above and beyond to make the details come to life. I am excited to share a few highlights with you!
Bridal Shower – Pop.Fizz.Clink!
- When deciding on a theme, my sister picked my favorite colors: coral, mint and gold to go with our ‘Pop.Fizz.Clink ‘ theme. She enlisted her close friend Shery and founder of Craft Couture, to design customized save-the-dates, invitations, welcome signs, drink cards and favors. Shery’s modern Indian designs were a work of art and she went an extra mile to ensure everything was perfect!
Location / Décor
- Since we had two big wedding events in one day, bridal shower and Mata Ki Chowki, we wanted to make both of them easy to manage. We picked Ananda Restaurant, nestled in the suburbs of Fulton, Maryland, for my shower. Everything about the restaurant personified elegance and class – from the ornate décor to the five-star quality Indian fusion food, the management at Ananda provided excellent service to ensure our event went smoothly. Given the elegant ambiance, we decided to have minimal décor and only selected items that would compliment the theme of the shower. Calligraphy chalk boards, white roses, and candles were all that we needed to make the setting perfect.
- Since I will be moving to California, my sister wanted my last big celebration with my closest girl friends to be a blast! My bridesmaids created their own twist on bridal games to make the shower memorable. From ‘Guess your celebrity hubby’ to ‘Create your own Indian bridal gown’, the games were a big hit. The delicious food and bridal-inspired drinks added to the festive atmosphere as well.
Bridal Shower Look
- I knew I wanted to wear coral for my shower. I tried to find the perfect dress for months on end, but never found anything that felt quite right. Thankfully, Rent the Runway came to my rescue and sent me a Monique Lhuillier gown and Lulu Frost Portico statement earrings. The dress was exactly what I had envisioned and was so comfortable to wear! I added Valentino Rockstud heels to give the look a modern edge. Jasmine from Mod Girl Makeup worked her magic on my hair and makeup!
- Each moment was so special. One of my favorites was the cake designed by my best friend Ashima. A baker herself, she selected the most tasty flavors and the cake looked almost too good to eat! The addition of our wedding logo on the front of the cake was such a thoughtful idea. My sister knows me best and knows that I love photos! Hence, she hired Mr V Imagery to capture all the moments. Photographing 30+ girls was not easy, but Aras made all of us feel really comfortable in front of the camera.
Thank you to the amazing team:
Photography: Mr V Imagery
MUA: Mod Girl Makeup
Dress: Monique Lhuillier Rent the Runway
Jewelry: Lulu Frost Rent the Runway
Cake: Debbies’ Cake Studio
Stationery: Craft Couture
Venue: Ananda Restaurant
Submitted by: Kamana Bhaskaran
Kamana is a fashion and lifestyle blogger (www.socialandstyle.com)