Your first dance will be one of the most special moments you share with your partner during the wedding. While your friends and family will watch you and your spouse sway softly (or show off smooth choreographed moves), the two of you will be the only ones on the dance floor. Without a doubt it’s one of the most intimate, joyous moments of your wedding day, and the first opportunity you both have to savor your newly-minted status as husband and wife.
Hence, to ensure it turns out to be perfect, here are some tips from a wedding dance specialist.
Photo Source: Dance Studios Dubai
1. Start working on your wedding dance today.
Even if your wedding is months from now, you should start practising your first dance choreography as soon as possible. You should be able to float over the dance floor and make it seem as if it’s a piece of cake, while showing off your beautiful wedding dress from all the angles. It’s a lifetime performance and you both should be ready to give it your best. It’ll require a lot of practice, time and several dance classes in order to obtain confidence on a dance floor, and the more time you allow yourself for that, the more elegant your first dance will turn out to be. Moreover, the skills you gain at the dance school will remain with you for the rest of your life.
Photo Source: Melrish Photos
2. Select a song you both like.
The song the wedding couple should dance on should be a special one – a song that reminds you of a beautiful memory you shared together. When you perform on this song in front of your wedding guests, it is sure to uplift your mood and bring back the romance and spice up your first dance. If you haven’t selected a song yet, your dance instructor can recommend one from their music library.
3. Wear the right shoes
Proper shoes will make a difference to your wedding dance performance. You can opt for ballroom dance shoes that match your wedding outfits – these are available in many colors and materials (white, off white, black and white for men, in satin for ladies, etc.) These magic shoes will also help you stay relaxed until the end of the celebration.
4. Rely on your dance instructor
Communicate your personal preferences to your instructor and discuss your feelings about the dance lessons with them. Do consider their advice, as they are sincerely trying to incorporate the chemistry you share with your partner through dance and want your wedding dance to be beautiful as well.
5. Be ready to dedicate some time to the dance practice. Dance classes should be regular just like any other physical exercise.
6. It is typical that one of the partners progresses slower than the other while learning how to dance. So, remember to be patient with each other and let the instructor teach you how it’s done.
7. Consider the size of the dance floor at the venue of your wedding reception. If possible, do request for a bigger size – after your first dance performance, the guests can use it as a dance floor.
8. Enjoy the process of learning and dancing, and remember to enjoy the time you spend together. Think of how beautiful your performance will be and how entertaining it’ll be for your guests.
Submitted by: Dance Studios Dubai
Dance Studios Dubai is a professional dance school specializing in teaching ballroom dancing. Whether one is planning to perform their wedding dance in Dubai or back home, their experienced dance instructors will help work on it step by step. Every choreography is individually created to suit the couple’s personality and preferences. They assess the couple’s timing situation and their ability to learn as well, before recommending a minimal amount of private dance classes that will ensure a successful dance performance. It promises a friendly and fun atmosphere in their purpose-designed school, which is generated by their enthusiastic teachers, professional management team and of course, their students.